In the half an hour that I’ve been awake I have already:
1. Thrown the dog out of the house four times.
2. Screamed at her a five thousand times and cursed her whiny self a million more.
3. Stomped out to take out the garbage in my nightclothes. Realized it was 30deg and way too cold to be outside in nightclothes. Stomped harder and faster on the way back in.
4. Tried to lie out cardboard on the floors for the countertop delivery today while cussing the dog who was Chewbacca pacing everywhere I wanted to be walking.
5. Threw her out of the house again.
6. Quit my attempt to save the floor and tried to take a shower, nearly slipped on the almond oil I’d slathered all over my stupid head last night in an attempt to give myself a hot oil treatment.
7. Attempted to clean the tub while wrapped in a wet towel.
8. And gave up.
9. Tried making a cup of tea but every step of that process was complicated by the miles I had to travel to get each and every thing so I quit and -
10. Came into the office, a cloud of cursing doom and tried to write about the insurance company, which put me in an even grumpier mood.
I resemble that cartoon I saw years ago where the Daddy Bear turns bright red when he’s angry, steam coming out of his ears. I am currently red. Don’t know about the ears. Then Daddy Bear is supposed to think of ten happy things while he counts down from ten to bring his anger level down from red to bear color again. I don't know about getting back to bear color but it's worth a shot. Here are my ten:
1. Owl. Spotting him/her in his/her tree. Hearing him/her sing, “Who cooks for you.” in the middle of a storm. Watching him/her fly.
2. Slipping into bed when the heated mattress is on and its pissing down outside.
3. A Peppermint Mocha, full of sugar and fat and caffeine.
4. When a toddler sees me and crawls into my lap for some loving.
5. When I make a new friend here in Nashville.
6. A good book, a chair in the sun and nothing but time.
7. Husband and his take on the world.
8. When a friend texts me, randomly in the middle of my day.
9. A bowl of vanilla bean ice cream and a bowl of kettle chips together while watching some silly trash TV.
10. When I’m in bed, all warm and snuggled in and Husband is playing and singing in the other room and it’s like being sung to sleep.
Not sure I'm bear color now but, my hair is shiny and I like the dog again.
My name is ej. I'm a girl. I say that because with the short hair and the short initials, folks aren't always sure. More brilliant insights to who I am in About me